Social Security

The Social Security Administration often turns down benefit payments to persons who are unable to work.  If this has happened to you, call for the help of our experienced team.

We assist clients at the reconsideration stage and prepare and help clients at a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.  When necessary, help with the appeals process is available.

Call 803-252-9700 or 1-866-216-9700 for an appointment with a knowledgeable and caring lawyer to help you attain the benefits you deserve.

My doctor says I can’t go back to my old job, why did social security turn me down?

You must be unable to hold any job available in the U.S. economy to a person with your age, education, work experience and functional capacity.

How long will it take for me to get my benefits?

Applications for social security benefits are taking a very long time to process.  For this reason, you need to submit your medical records when you apply for benefits along with a letter from your doctor listing the functional limitations caused by your illness or condition which make you unable to work.

I am out of work, how can I afford a lawyer?

If Johnson, Toal & Battiste, P.A. accepts your case, we will charge a fee based on the past due benefits awarded to you.

What do I need to bring to my first appointment?

A copy of your latest communication from Social Security along with any decisions and a letter from your doctor stating why you are unable to hold any job.